Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Caramel in the crockpot

If you're a reader of my blog, you know I like me some caramel. I am finally going to try this recipe. I've read that people stopped posting a similar recipe because of the danger of the can exploding. But I remember making this in home-ec, and everyone survived. So fingers crossed, know that there is potential danger lurking in this recipe.

I'm making this recipe for my "Last Supper" party, where each person brings what they would want as their last meal. The last time I attended such a party, I brought triple chocolate brownie.& They turned out gooey, and you definitely needed a tall glass of milk to accompany it. For my party, I'm going to make frybread, and offer a selection of homemade jam but also the option of powdered sugar and caramel.

Ingredients:
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Directions:
Place the can of sweetened condensed milk in your crockpot and cover it with water. Be sure there is about 1 inch of water over the can.
Cook on high for 4 hours.
Turn off the crockpot after 4 hours and allow the can to cool completely.
Open and serve!!

Stay hungry my friend!