Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Writing Prompts

If you're a writer, sometimes you feel that you can't go on.  You can't write.  You've run out of ideas, or the fact that you can't continue with the story because you don't where you're going.  I took a class once and the instructor said that he didn't believe in writer's block, that was no such thing.  You have a block because you are experiencing resistance.  Essentially, it's all in your head.  Thanks.  That helps a lot.  I'm already in my head to much.  So instead of thinking about it, the problem, don't.  I know it's easier said than done, but it's like being in yoga (not a big fan of it, but it's the best way I can explain) or if you're an actor think "Meisner".  Just sit there in be in the moment.  Deep breaths.  If it helps, focus on your breath.   

What helps too, is to try and write something else.  That's where writing prompts come in handy.  Here are few to distract yourself.

  1. Shh! Hear that?’ ‘I didn’t hear anything.’
  2. "Did you see the size of that weed?"
  3. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.
  4. He'd have to find another way home.
  5. ‘I told him not to come back too!’
  6. His feet were already numb. He should have listened.

Here are some sites that have some links:
The One Minute Writer
Dragon Writing Prompts

Happy writing!