Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Writing Prompt - I'm sorry...

Writing Prompt:

I'm so sorry that I can't offer you a less dangerous solution

 I'm so sorry that I can't offer you a less dangerous solution. That's all he said. How could I ever take a professional seriously again? People don't say things like that. But I sat in utter disbelief. This was suppose to be good news. I had done my research. Dr. Robert Hershkowitz was the utmost man in his field. Neuro-biological brain stuff. I can't remember his exact title, but it sounded so smart, yet this brilliant man, who has no people skills, was telling me that he was about to slice off a piece of my brain and it was all going to be OK, he'd done several of procedures similar to this and I would be in good hands. Good hands he says. Good hands? I certainly hope so. A laser was going to do the big cut, through the bone, my skull. As he sat looking at me, telling me about the procedure, all I could think of was what the laser would look like. Would it be like in the movies? A red light beaming through the sterile air of the operating room. A high pitched squeal as it cut a precise line on my newly shaved head. Would it smell? I've heard that burning flesh is gross, but does bone smell like burnt wood. Like a campfire? And when I woke up would it still smell? I like the smell of campfire. When we go camping, I always place my chair in from of the campfire so as the wind blows throughout the night, the smoke would waft around me and settle into my clothes.

Click here for the list of prompts in case you need some more.