Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Crockpot pork shoulder

Lately I've been eating junk.  So I recently started a new eating plan, along with a weight training program.  It's helped make my life simpler.  I know what I have to eat to achieve my healthy goals.  To accomplish that, I try to cook all the meals for the week on Sunday.  Meal plans are simple.  Eat from a particular list of protein, vegetables and starch.  No sugar.  No dairy.  No wheat.   This leaves for bland steamed vegetables and meals.  So I've been trying to find simple crockpot meals that can add flavor to the pork and chicken that I will be eating this entire 4 weeks.

Ingredients:
2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
kosher salt, to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce


Directions:
Sprinkle the pork with salt, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
Place in slow cooker
Mix broth, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour over pork.

Cook on high for 6-8 hours on Low. 

When done, pork should be tender and easy to pull apart.
Stay hungry my friend!