Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Garlicky Tapenade

I call this Garlicky Tapenade instead of Olive, because it's a bit on the hot side.  The last time I had tapenade I didn't like it, it was a bit too sour.  It was store bought and I couldn't remember the brand.  This recipe came about because I had some olives hanging out in the fridge, no one liked them, since they tasted a little too peppery, so I thought if they were blended with something else, they may taste better.  And voila! They do.  But I may be partial since I LOVE garlic.

Ingredients:
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 cup pitted olives (I used a mixture of black and green olives)
2 tbsp capers
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil














Directions:
Place the garlic cloves into a blender or food processor; pulse to mince. 
Add the olives, capers, lemon juice, and olive oil.
Blend until everything is finely chopped. 
Season to taste with salt and pepper.

This recipe makes about 1 cup. 

Grab some crusty bread and crackers and spread away. 
Stay hungry my friend!