Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Coffee syrup

My coffee habit gets a bit expensive in the winter.  I usually drink it to just keep warm, well and for the sugar (and I don't use real sugar).  One day while at 7-11, I got a coffee and fell in love.  They have a ton of flavored creamers and coffee syrup.  But although walking to the 7-11 every morning gives me some exercise, the money spent everyday can add up.  My coffees are now filled with sweet smelling aromas, and now I can recreate that at home.  My bottle of Torani IS empty, so it's time to make my own.   I will start with something simple like Vanilla, and eventually work myself up to bacon flavored.


Vanilla Coffee Syrup

Ingredients:
3 ½ cups water
3 cups sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
Makes a quart or 1 Torani Bottle.
Directions:
In a saucepan over medium high heat, stir together the water and sugars. 
Cook until mixture becomes thick and syrupy (approximately 10-15 minutes). 
Let cool and stir in vanilla extract. 
Once cooled, place in your favorite container and serve with your favorite coffee!
Store in the refrigerator.

for next time

Caramel Syrup 

To make Caramel syrup, replace the brown sugar and vanilla with 1/4 cup caramel sauce.

Stay hungry my friend!