- 4 lamb chops
- 6 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cups panko
- 6 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spread 1 tbsp mustard on each side of each lamb chop.
- Mix panko and mint in medium bowl.
- Press mixture onto lamb, coating completely.
- Arrange lamb on large baking sheet
- Roast lamb 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Roast until thermometer inserted into lamb registers 130°F for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to work surface.
- Tent with foil; let stand 5 minutes.
- Arrange chops on plates. Garnish with mint sprigs and Mint Sauce.
|Minty lamb chops|
- Combine mint, broth, shallots, vinegar and sugar in heavy small non-aluminum saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 2 hours.
- Strain sauce into large glass measuring cup.
- Place cornstarch in same saucepan. Gradually whisk in sauce.
- Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in remaining 2 tablespoon mint.
Stay hungry my friend!