Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lasagne

It has been forever since I've tried to make lasagna.  This was an adventure.  After it was cooked, I'll have to admit, that I was a bit afraid to taste it, I'm not used to ricotta.  But I was pleasantly surprised.
Lasagne

Ingredients
  • 8 oz. uncooked lasagna
  • 2 cups mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 can (32 oz) pasta sauce
  • 1 lb ground beef, cooked, drained
  • 8 oz. ricotta cheese

  •  
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup of mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan and eggs. Mix well.
    3. Add pasta sauce to browned meat in a pan.
    4. in 9"x13" pan, spread 1 cup of meat sauce.
    5. Place 1/3 of lasagna noodles over sauce. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over noodles, top with 1/3 of the meat sauce. Repeat.
    6. Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce.
    7. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
    8. Uncover, sprinkle with reserved mozzarella cheese, bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.        
    Stay hungry my friend.