Gravy Pot Roast
- 3-4 lbs Beef pot roast
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 4 lge potatoes
- Coat both sides of pot roast with flour.
- Place butter in a deep baking dish and melt, being careful not to burn it.
- Add pot roast and brown slowly on both sides. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour beef broth over meat. Deglaze pan with red wine.
- Cover and place in a preheated 350Â° oven and cook 1 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes; sprinkle with a little more salt.
- Cook about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Sour cream gravy
- 1 1/3 cup dripping
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup Labne
- Pour drippings from pot roast into saucepan.
- Mix together flour and water. Heat drippings to boiling; gradually stir in flour and water mixture and cook, stirring constantly until gravy is thickened.
- Cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in labne.
- Heat through, but do not boil.
Stay hungry my friend.