Venison Steak Diane
- 1/2 lb venison
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- minced herbs for garnish
- Let venison sit at room temperature, at least 20 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat for about 90 seconds, being careful not to burn it.
- Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes until a brown crust forms. Do not overcook or the venison will become hard.
- Remove from pan and cover.
- Add shallots to the saute pan and cook for 1 minute, then add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
- De-glaze the pan with the brandy.
- Let the brandy cook down almost to a glaze, then add the beef stock, tomato paste, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine.
- Let this boil down for about 3 minutes, turn off heat.
- Once the boiling has stopped, stir in the cream until the sauce is as light as you like.
- Slice the meat and drizzle with sauce.
- Garnish with chopped herbs.
Stay hungry my friend!