Dill pickle relish
- 6 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2/3 cup salt
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 chili peppers
- 1/2 cup dill weed, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- Place cucumbers in a strainer and sprinkle with salt. Let set for an hour. Rinse.
- Bring vinegar, sugar, and remaining ingredients to a boil in a large pan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add chopped vegetables, and return to boil.
- Reduce to simmer and continue until relish reaches desired consistency - about 15 minutes.
- Ladle into hot pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Close with hot 2-piece caps, and process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
- Store in cool dry place.