Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chocolatey goodness!

I have am in a wedding in November and have waited until the last minute to try and lose weight.  Not the smartest idea ever, but it's crunch time so I am in serious diet/workout mode.  I haven't stopped eating, but I'm close to that.  Just kidding.  But I really, really, really want chocolate now and when I saw this recipe, I wished I had coconut milk in the house.
Ingredients:
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (I like Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Paste)
sweetener to taste (I like Splenda)

Directions:
Do not shake the can!  Open the can and empty into a bowl. 
Place it in the fridge and leave uncovered overnight.  (we want it to thicken)
If it doesn't thicken, this won't work for this recipe.  Check out what you can make with it instead at the Thai Kitchen site.
Once thick, whip in cocoa, vanilla and sweetener.
If you leave it uncovered in the fridge, it will get even thicker.

Stay hungry my friend!