Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Honey Lime Chicken

chickenncookbookI am always looking for different ways to cook chicken, even though I could eat fried chicken all day, I try to change things up once in a while.
I liked this recipe when I saw it, because it used soy sauce, which I had too much of and needed to use.  I also liked that it mixed some honey and lime juice in because I would never have thought to do that on my own.
As with all my chicken recipes, I flatten the chicken to get more bang for my cluck, I mean buck.  If you haven’t done that before, place you chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap, grab your mallet or rolling pin and pound out the chicken until it’s all the same thickness.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons lime juice
4 (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

Directions:
In a re-sealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the honey, soy sauce and lime juice; mix well.
Add chicken and turn to coat.
Seal or cover and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.  Don’t drain the liquid when done.
Preheat the oven to 375, spray some non-stick spray on a cooking dish (really, did I just say spray some spray?).  Place chicken in the dish and pour the reserved liquid.
Cook for 40 minutes or until the liquid runs clear.  (if you pounded out the chicken, reduce cook time to 30 minutes or until the liquid runs clear)
Serve hot.

Stay hungry my friend.