Thursday, August 11, 2011

Festaux Chicken Pasta

Ok, let's just get it over, you're wondering "what the heck is FESTAUX"?  Well, like most of the things I make in the kitchen, it's usually out of necessity of things that have to be used before they go bad.  Well this week it is a 3 pound bag of spinach.  At first buying a huge bag of spinach seemed like a good idea.  But it is now mid week and I still have 2.5 pounds of spinach to use.   One can only eat so much steamed spinach.  So help bring some green into not only my life, but Piggy2 as well, I thought I could make him some meat (he's such a carnivore) and still satisfy my non-meat eating self.

Oh, back to FESTAUX.  It's FAUX Pesto.  Get it? FestAUX! One thing to remember while making this recipe, is that there is such thing as TOO much garlic. I know this, because when you wake up in the morning and you can still taste garlic, it was a good night.

Festaux
Ingredients: 4 cups fresh baby spinach 1/2 cup almonds 5 cloves garlic 1 cup Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix the spinach, almonds, garlic, Parmesan cheese, in the bowl of a food processor; stream the olive oil into the mixture as it blends. Season with salt and pepper.   To complete the meal, I steamed some spinach, made some pasta and grilled some chicken.  Once the pasta was cooked, place in a bowl and scoop the pesto on to it.  Blend well.

 
Stay hungry my friend!