Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Touring San Diego

On a recent trip to San Diego, I had the opportunity to visit the city with someone who used to live there.  This is always a treat, especially in a city that has so many different neighborhoods.  There is always the tourist destinations like Old Town San Diego, which was fun and I would definately go back to take a bit more time.  The best is always the food spots.  Although I'm a big Food Network fan, I don't normally watch the shows where they visit random cities.  Which as I'm writing this is stupid thing to do.  I should be watching these shows to see where to eat and visit when I'm on tour.  So anyway, we visited El Indio, a family owned and operated mexican restaurant that's been around since the 1940s. 
While I had a craving for a burrito, the photo of a plate of nacho cheese covered taquitos was an irrestible site.   Just look at the picture, don't you agree?  This little of heaven is called morditas, which are bite sized taquitos covered with nacho cheese and jalapeno slices.
Check out Guy Fieri's visit on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on YouTube.

Stay hungry my friend!