Another recipe for the campfire. This one is perfect for breakfast after a late night of sitting around the campfire. All you have to do in the morning is fire up the grill, throw the burritos on the fire and wait. If you're not big on camping, you can always make these for a quick breakfast in the morning. Just be sure to take it out of the foil before you place in microwave.
- 14 -4 inch corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 7 slices bacon
- no-salt spice
- Non-stick aluminum foil
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Place on a paper towel to drain.
- In the same pan, scramble eggs and bell pepper, sprinkle with the no-salt spice.
- Let egg mixture and bacon cool.
- Warm tortilla shells in a dry pan, or over open gas-flame (to make it easier to roll)
- Cut each slice of bacon in half, and place one piece in the center of each tortilla.
- Top with a scoop of egg and sprinkle with cheese and roll closed.
- Place rolled burrito in center of a piece of foil (dull side up) and fold closed.
- Repeat until all wrapped.
- Place in freezer until ready to take camping.
- Camping: Over the campfire, place foil covered burritos around edges of the fire. Cook for 5 minutes, add some hot sauce and enjoy!
- Home: Remove foil, toss in microwave for 1 minutes, add hot sauce and enjoy!
Stay hungry my friend!