Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Skillet Garlic Chicken

I love, love, love garlic!  So any recipe that has it in it I will try.  I also wanted to try and make this recipe because the use of sage.  I'm always curious with recipes that include Sage, with its smell and texture that to me are reminiscent of dirt.  I know, I know, not a quality you want in your food, but instead of dirt, lets use the word earthy instead.  Surpisingly I really enjoyed this mixture, the blend of thyme and sage took away the the soupy taste of the cream of chicken. 

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon of olive oil

2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup Milk

Hot cooked rice.

Directions:
Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of cling wrap and pound until 1/4 inch thick.
Mix sage and thyme in a small bowl and use 1/2 to season chicken.
Heat olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is well browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet, cover and keep warm.
In a separate bowl mix soup, milk and rest of herbs until blended.
Add garlic to skillet and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in the soup mixture and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
Serve the sauce over the chicken with the rice.

Stay hungry my friend.