Thursday, May 19, 2011

Creamy Avocado Gazpacho

I found this recipe when I was on a raw food eating kick.  It is especially creamy and whenever I have an extra avocado laying around, I definitely make it.  Don't get put off by the color of the final product, just sink your spoon and taste.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup water
Flesh of 1 medium avocado
2 cups chopped cucumber no seeds
1 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 small red onion (optional)
1/2 to 1 Serrano Chile, with seeds, sliced (optional)
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 cup of lemon or lime juice
Salt to taste
1 t. maple syrup, or agave nectar

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender in the order listed.
Start blender on low speed for a few seconds, then switch to high.
Blend until creamy and smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes.
Pour into soup bowls, serve.

Stay hungry my friend!