Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baked Sweet Potato Chips

Everyday I feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day.  Although fully aware that this is a new day and I have a ton of new plans, I usually end up reliving the previous day.  Trying to eat well, but losing will power and giving in to a chocolate craving, and going to the gym but then having all hours there being defeated by said chocolate bar.
 
On this particular day, I found an old acquaintance's new blog Fat Girl Gets Dressed and was inspired to eat well, yet still enjoying myself and indulging my sweet tooth.  You should look at her blog for successful results, mine were less than stellar, that is if you enjoy your chips a little darker and are partial to burnt.

Ingredients:
2 large sweet potatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
Chili spice
Garlic Salt


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Clean and dry sweet potatoes and cut into thin slices.

Place in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.  Top with Chili spice (I made one batch of chili, and another with garlic salt) to taste, and mix until potatoes well coated.
Place coated sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes (or until they're cooked to your taste).
Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!


It was the cooking part the messed me up.  I wanted chips, so I left them in the oven a bit too long (see the blackened chips on the right).  I'd love to know how yours turned out.

Stay hungry my friend!