Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Searching for haiwaitha


Taima
Makeese!  Makeese where are you?  They just called for all the dancers, we’re gonna miss it.  Come on!

Listens for a response.

Taima
Well I’m going.  I know you don’t want to see me win.  Fine.  Goodbye.

Quinn is in the middle of the room rocking back and forth
Quinn
Shut up shut up shut up.  I don’t care, do you hear me, I don’t care.

Mika stands at the window powerless at the fury that possesses her.

Thunder can be heard in the background, intersperse with flashes of light.

We hear a crash of thunder.  Quinn still on the floor.
Quinn
One, two, three, fou…

Flash of light

Quinn
I’m right here.  You wanna fight?  I’m ready now.

Mika (still looking in)
Don’t worry little one, I’ll watch over you.

Thunder

Quinn
I wanted to come out, really I did.  But you know everything.  How can I compete with that?  I remember when we first met.  Do you?

Lightening

See-THE VOICES script