Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pilot - E-Harmed me


Interior Bar, two 30 something guys sitting at bar
Drunkard
Ok, I just sent it.  She knows we're here

Professor
Damn, what is this the third date this week?

Drunkard
Yeah, but this isn't the dude from yesterday.

Professor (shocked)
New guy? Wow, I don't know how she does it, day in day out.

Drunkard
Yeah and she always picks this place.  
You'd think she'd get tired of the food.

Bartender walk in with drinks
Sherri enters

Sherri
Hey Harper the usua......(noticing her drink) Never mind.

Sherri squeezes in between the 2 guys

Sherri
Ok, when I go back to my "date", give me the 2 minute warning.

Drunkard
What?  don't you want to go into overtime?

Sherri and the Professor shoot him a dirty look.

Drunkard
What you started with the sports analogy.

Sherri downs the shot and goes back to her date.

Professor
Hey Harper, better have another ready

Drunkard
This is not good, 2 shots and she's not even done with the date.

Professor
How much money do you think she spends with all this online dating of hers?

Drunkard
A small fortune

Professor
(jokingly)
Geez, she should just pay us, we could find her a date.

Drunkard
We couldn't do any worst

Sheri enters

Drunkard
What game over?  
Oh, the home team lost again huh?

They shoot him another dirty look.

Professor
So Sher, how much do you spend on this service every month?

Sheri
It's still cheaper than your bar tab (pointing to Drunkard),
or your therapy bill (pointing to Professor).

Professor/Drunkard
At least we get something for our money.

Sheri
What?  I get a nice meal, drinks, company with someone other than my cat.  So what if they're into Star Trek and still live with their mothers?  And if all else fails, at least I know I'm getting some money back.  Why else do you think I pick this place? It's mine and I know you guys will always be here to pick up the pieces.

Professor
Seriously though, how much do you pay?

Drunkard
The national index of a small country?

Sheri
(a little embarrased)
Try a first world country

Drunkard
You'd be better off in therapy

Sheri
Do they have group therapy, because then maybe I could find a date.

Professor
(off handed)
Sure, let kill two birds with one stone.
Therapy Dating.

Drunkard
Ah hah! That's it.