Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Monologue for Jeffery 2


I AM A PACKRAT!  I’M JUST GOING TO ADMIT IT.  YUP, I’M A PACK RAT!  THERE, I SAID IT; IT’S OUT THERE. 
I FEEL BETTER NOW.  PHEWWPH! OK, WAIT, NOW, I’M NOT A PACK RAT IN THE “PACK RAT” SENSE OF THE WORD.  IT’S MORE LIKE A METAPHORICAL PACK RAT.  YOU CAN’T SEE MY STOREHOUSES OF THOUGHTS.  IF YOU CAME TO MY HOME YOU WOULD SEE EVERYTHING NEAT AND ORGANIZED, IN ITS PLACE.
THERE’S JUST SO MUCH STUFF.  I’D CALL IT JUNK, BUT IT’S NOT, REALLY.  THEY ARE MY MEMORIES, THE GOOD AND THE BAD.  ALL COMPARTMENTALIZED.  IF I COULD WALK THE ANNALS OF MY MIND I WONDER IF I COULD REMEMBER IT ALL.  BECAUSE I DON’T REALLY REMEMBER THE GOOD.  I MOSTLY REMEMBER THE BAD, GOOD THING IS THAT I DON’T DWELL ON IT, IT’S JUST PUT AWAY FOR A RAINY DAY.
I IMAGINE THE INSIDE OF MY HEAD IS DESIGNED BY THOSE CLASSY CLOSET PEOPLE OR BETTER YET, IT’S FILLED WITH THE PLASTIC DRAWERS YOU GET FROM THE CONTAINER STORE. 
EACH ONE IS CLEARLY LABELLED BECAUSE WOULDN’T WANT PROBLEMS OOZING OVER TO OTHER ONES.
I JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW.  I’M KINDA LIKE AN ELEPHANT, I NEVER FORGET, SO WATCH YOUR STEP.