Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Marinated lamb breast

I'm trying to figure out the reasoning why people eat Lamb on Easter, but it doesn't make sense to me.  All week the supermarket sales have been filled with huge spiralled hams.  As much as making a glazed ham sounds delicious, I wouldn't eat it, as I'm not a big fan of ham.  Piggy2 loves lamb, and is always talking abou the wonderful Osso Buco he made, we decided to on Lamb Breast because it sounded so off.  I say this because when I looked for recipes for "Lamb Breast" I came up short.  So instead I found a few different recipes and cobbled them together.

Ingredients:
1 cup Merlot
1 tablespoon thyme 
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons of chopped garlic
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 tablespoon parsley
4 lbs of lamb breast

Directions:

Heat oven to 325 F.
Whisk together the wine, oil.  Add, thyme, parsley, pepper and garlic, whisk a bit more.
Add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
Put in roasting pan, and cover with foil.  Cook for 1 hour.
Remove foil and brown for 20.

Stay hungry my friend!