Thursday, January 6, 2011

Stuffed cupcakes

Feeling a tad bit adventurous, as well as wanting to make something more than just plain cupcakes, I found a recipe for "stuffed" cupcakes.  Don't make the mistake I did, by thinking this will be a mystery dollup of goodness in the center of your cupcake.  I followed the directions, but my filling ended up a bit watery and when I added it to my cupcake batter, it didn't ooze into the middle, but rather sat on top of the chocolate base.  So I grabbed a toothpick and swirled around the cream cheese to try and incorporate it in the cupcake itself.  Even though it wasn't the gooey goodness I was expecting, it did make a normally dry boxed mix creamier.

I needed to be quick, so I did not make the cupcakes from scratch, but used a box mix.  Here are the directions to make the filling.

Ingredients:
4 ounces cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
In a bowl, mix room temperature cream the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla and blend. Do not over mix, you'll know you have if you're filling is watery, something we DON'T want.

After you have your cupcake papers 2/3 filled, drop a heaping teaspoon of the filling into the center of each.

Bake cupcakes according to directions.
Cool and frost!

Stay hungry my friend!