Friday, September 10, 2010

Cool and minty

York peppermint patties were always a treat my grandmother would give on me our weekends together, when she would let me stay up late and fall asleep on the couch.  In the summer, she would keep them in the freezer so they wouldn't melt in the sweltering summer heat.   I would run in the house for a break from whatever our childhood game of the day was, grab a cold glass of milk and one or two patties from the freezer.  They were the tiny ones, so I would just pop it in my mouth and let it melt.

How happy was I to find a recipe on how to make my own!  Emily at Joyful Abode shares her recipe for making a "much more nourishing, high-fat, low-sugar version".  I'll have to try making them both with and without the honey (Emily says it effects the sweetness).  Either way I'm in! 

Stay hungry my friend!