Thursday, August 10, 2017

Crockpot Shredded chicken

After a long hiatus of cooking, I am slowly trying to enjoy it again.  It's been a minute since I've wanted to cook, or actually enjoy it.  I've been dealing with how to cook meals quickly or have them ready to go when I'm hungry (so I don't spend time thinking about it and decide to go out for fastfood).  So after shopping for kombucha (don't even talk to me about making my own - that's another story) I bought some skinless chicken thighs thinking I could make something with it.

A quick search on Pinterest and I found a crockpot recipe for shredded chicken.  I have also been looking for recipes to make in the crockpot because it is too darn hot to cook.  Our new place has a tiny kitchen with poor ventilation and it's like a sauna in there right now.   The plus of this recipe is, that you make some tortilla soup too.  A favourite in our house.  

So let's get cooking!

Ingredients:
4 skinless chicken thighs
15oz can of tomatoes or 2 cups of salsa
Packet of taco seasoning

How to:
Place tomatoes/salsa in the crockpot.
Empty the seasoning and stir.
No water is needed because the seasoning with blend nicely with the tomatoes/salsa.
Place chicken over the mix.
Cook on high 3-5 hours or low for 4-6 hours.

In case you a lover of Sriracha like we are, you should definately try finding the Huy Fong Sriracha Diced Tomatoes.  We are Sriracha purists here, so there is only one, Huy Fong.  It was a bit hot (my partner has a delicate stomach) so added a bit of lemon juice to mellow it out.  


    



Stay hungry my friend!