Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Writing Prompts - million days of writing, or something like that

Here's my experiment in a million days of writing.
Ok, it's not really a million days, it just feels like that.

The ExperimentTo write everyday.
  1. "I'm so sorry that I can't offer you a less dangerous solution" from Justin McLachlan
  2. "All cars should/shouldn't be painted yellow" from Worksheet Place
  3. "Describe your favourite hideaway as a child" from In Our Write Mind
  4. "Write a myth to explain why it snows" from Writers Write
  5. "Dear Pizza Man..."
  6. "I knew it was a bad day when..."
  7. "Every so often a dreamcatcher must be emptied of the nightmares it has caught.  Who does it and what do they see?" from Reddit
  8.  Describe one thing you’re really good at from Writing for Kids
  9. Thanksgiving day prompts. 123Homeschool
  10. “Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need roads.” from Scifi prompts
  11. “You can see my love from space.” from Mandy Wallace
  12. How do rainy days make you feel? from Tom Slatin
  13.  
Prompts that I've thought up:
  1. Using a photo. 
  2. "It's a long way to the bottom"
  3. "My last meal would be..."  If you had to choose a last meal, what would it be? Why? How does it taste?  How do you feel about it, since this is your last mean.  Why is this your last meal?..
  4. "Alone on a desert island..." 
  5. "It's 3 am, the phone rings..."
  6. "What's that in the sky?"
  7.  "That was the biggest _____________ I have ever seen!"
Worsheets:
  1. Creating character.