Since I'm not a big meat eater, I never know good meat. P2 is a carnivore, and when I told him about the lamb chops I bought, he was skeptical. Always trying to get away from just slapping some meat on the grill, I needed to find a fun way to cook it, using things we already had. Since I'm not a big red wine fan, I love to use any leftovers we have to cook with. The honey helps get a nice crusty glaze.
Red Wine Lamb chops
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbs oregano
- 3 tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 lamb chops (1-1 1/4" thick)
- 3 tsp honey
- Mix/whisk the wine, oil, oregano, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper until well blended.
- Place the lamb chops in a single layer in a glass dish; cover and coat with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning often.
- Prepare the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the honey into the marinade.
- Grill lamb to desired tenderness, turning and basting often with the marinade (for medium-rare grill about 10 minutes.