Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Grilled Lamb Chops

Since I'm not a big meat eater, I never know good meat.  P2 is a carnivore, and when I told him about the lamb chops I bought, he was skeptical.  Always trying to get away from just slapping some meat on the grill, I needed to find a fun way to cook it, using things we already had.   Since I'm not a big red wine fan, I love to use any leftovers we have to cook with.  The honey helps get a nice crusty glaze.    

Red Wine Lamb chops

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup dry red wine
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 3 tbs oregano
  • 3 tbs minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 6 lamb chops (1-1 1/4" thick)
  • 3 tsp honey
 
Directions:
  1. Mix/whisk the wine, oil, oregano, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper until well blended.
  2. Place the lamb chops in a single layer in a glass dish; cover and coat with the marinade.
  3. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning often.
  4. Prepare the grill to medium-high heat.
  5. Remove the lamb from the marinade and season with salt and pepper.
  6. Mix the honey into the marinade.
  7. Grill lamb to desired tenderness, turning and basting often with the marinade (for medium-rare grill about 10 minutes.          
Stay hungry my friend!