Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cheesy meatballs

I love this recipe. It makes my breakfasts on the run so much easier. I'm usually in a rush to get out the door in the morning, so I grab 2 of this cuties and eat them while I'm driving. I like them cold, so they're a little less messy. But once warmed up, the cheese is gooey surprised.
 
Cheesy meatballs

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 clove of garlic, diced
  • 1/2 cup cubed blue cheese (or Jarlsberg, it melts nicely)
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped red peppers
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1 cup water (it's ok to not use it all)
  • salt and pepper to taste 
    Cheese oozing out

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Combine beef, garlic, egg, peppers, onion, salt and pepper.
  3. Blend bread crumbs into meat mixture.
  4. Slowly add the water 1/4 cup at a time. The mixture should be very moist but still hold its shape if rolled into meatballs. Take a chunk of the meat mixture, flatten it in your hand and place a cube of cheese in the center and shape into meatballs.
  5. Place meatball on a cookie sheet, space evenly.
  6. Place pan in oven for 15 minutes or until meatballs are done.
  7. Serve with your favorite tomato sauce, or eat just like that.
Stay hungry my friend!