I love this recipe. It makes my breakfasts on the run so much easier. I'm usually in a rush to get out the door in the morning, so I grab 2 of this cuties and eat them while I'm driving. I like them cold, so they're a little less messy. But once warmed up, the cheese is gooey surprised.Cheesy meatballs
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup cubed blue cheese (or Jarlsberg, it melts nicely)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup water (it's ok to not use it all)
salt and pepper to taste
Cheese oozing out
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine beef, garlic, egg, peppers, onion, salt and pepper.
- Blend bread crumbs into meat mixture.
- Slowly add the water 1/4 cup at a time. The mixture should be very moist but still hold its shape if rolled into meatballs. Take a chunk of the meat mixture, flatten it in your hand and place a cube of cheese in the center and shape into meatballs.
- Place meatball on a cookie sheet, space evenly.
- Place pan in oven for 15 minutes or until meatballs are done.
- Serve with your favorite tomato sauce, or eat just like that.
Stay hungry my friend!