Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sour Cream Pork Chops

This recipe is called Sour Cream pork chops, but if you follow my recipes you know that whenever it's called for, I substitute it with kefir.  It makes me feel better when I slather the stuff on, I know my gut will thank me.   I also had a huge brick of Parmesan that I had to use.  I may used too much kefir (because I love the stuff), so you may want to use a light hand when you coat each pork chop. 

Ingredients:
1 cup Kefir (Sour cream can be substituted)
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Dried oregano
1 tsp Dried basil
1 ½ cup Panko crumbs
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
4 Pork Chops

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a 9-by-13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or oil.
Combine kefir (or sour cream), garlic powder, dried oregano and basil in a shallow bowl.
Combine bread crumbs with grated Parmesan cheese in a separate shallow dish.
Dip each pork chop into the kefir mixture, making sure to thoroughly coat each side.   Use a knife or spoon to spread kefir to make sure each pork chop has a solid coat.
Place each pork chop into crumb mixture.  Coat evenly, so both sides are fully breaded and place in prepared baking dish.
Bake the pork chops for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the bread crumbs are toasted and golden brown. Remove it from the oven and serve hot.

Stay hungry my friend!