Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Broccoli Casserole

This is a good recipe for when you've had a party and you have a ton of leftovers.   For some reason not a lot of people liked the broccoli, that and I had a ton of cubed cheese leftover.  So how better to prepare the broccoli than add some creamy cheese to it.  That's the only way it's going to get eaten in my house. 
The recipe I found called for frozen broccoli.  Since I was using raw broccoli, I thought to cook it a bit before I put it in the over.  So I put the raw broccoli I had in the casserole dish, filled it 1/2 way with water, put the lid on the dish and microwaved in 2 minute increments until it was aldente.
Ingredients:
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
1/2 cup milk (I just filled 1/2 the can)
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
1 bag (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed (see above if you use fresh broccoli)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
2 teaspoons butter, melted
Directions:
Stir the soup, milk, mustard, broccoli and cheese in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the broccoli mixture.
Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.

Stay hungry my friend!