Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Drinks!

I love St. Patrick's Day!  Not that I look great in the colour green, but it's a holiday that conjures up thoughts of food and drink.  In college, March 17th was filled with glass upon glass of green, flat beer.  Now that I'm older, my palate has matured a tad.  So you'll have to let me know how this grown up shake tastes, as well as the Irish Redhead!

Irish Redhead
Ingredients

1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey (Don't even think of wasting Jameson's on this)
6 ounces Mountain Dew soda, code red (get it? Irish RED head)

Directions
Stir Mountain Dew and whiskey in a collins glass filled with ice cubes.
Serve

Adult Shamrock Shake
Ingredients

1 cup whole milk
1 pint mint chocolate chip ice cream
1 teaspoon pure mint extract
3 tablespoons dark rum

Directions
Put milk, ice cream, mint extract and rum into a blender. Mix until smooth.
Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with a sprig of mint.

For a non-alcoholic drink, leave out the rum.

Stay hungry my friend!