Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Baked Black bean dip & Guacamole

Getting ready for the Superbowl and trying to eat healthy is a difficult thing.  My prep, for my little party, including not buying the typical junkfood that I normally would, but a ton of vegetables.  I did make the exception of including some tortilla chips, but I omitted the queso.  Instead I decided to make this black bean dip.  I am also always looking for something to do with my fruit inspired Le Creuset.


Baked Black Bean Dip

Ingredients:

1 can (16 ounce size) black beans, drained
1 cup Kefir
3 tablespoons salsa
1/4 cup organic lime juice
1 tsp organic garlic
1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 chopped red onionscallion

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a blender or food processor, combine beans, kefir and salsa with lime juice until smooth.
Pour into an 8-inch square pan coated with nonstick spray.
Sprinkle with cheese and scallion. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.


Guacamole
 
Ingredients:
2 Ripe Avocados
1 Clove garlic -- Mashed
1 tablespoons lime juice
1 Roma Tomato -- seeded and chopped
1/2 Small Red Onion -- chopped fine
Pinch of salt

Directions:

Halve and pit avocados and scoop flesh into a large bowl.
Mash avocado with a fork and stir in remaining ingredients, combining well.
Chill covered with plastic wrap for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
Stir guacamole well and serve with tortilla chips.

Stay hungry my friend!