Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Sauerkraut and Potatoes

OMG I love sauerkraut!  I always thought I hated this vinegary vegetable, but I do love cabbage, I just never really took into consideration what sauerkraut was.  It wasn't until a visit to the Hofbräuhaus in Las Vegas that I discovered its goodness.  I was thrilled to find this recipe, that and Piggy2 had bought a jar of it and I had no idea what to do with.  I try and use what I have on hand when I'm searching for recipes, and ones for pork and sauerkraut were pretty much the same.   When done, the pork was tender and fell easily into pieces.  I would so make this recipe again, if not to just eat the sides!

Ingredients
6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 tablespoon minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
6-1" slices of boneless pork loin roast cut into chunks
1 (32 ounce) jar sauerkraut with liquid

Directions
Place the potatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker; stir to blend
Season the pork roast with salt and pepper; lay atop the potatoes
Pour the sauerkraut over the roast
Cook in slow cooker on Low 8 to 10 hours

Stay hungry my friend!