Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stove-top Pork Chops Florentine

I only used this recipe as a guideline as I was looking for a recipe for porkchops and I happen to have other similar stuff around that I had to use up (a can of crushed tomatoes and some fresh spinach).   So the recipe below is essentially mine, since I did nothing like the original.  

Ingredients
2 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
1 can of crushed tomatoes
1 cup of fresh spinach
1/2 cup of freshly grated pecorino
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon of no-salt herb mixture
1/4 teaspoon taragon
1 tablespoon of garlic

Directions
Place tomatoes into the skillet to warm, add herbs, garlic and spinach to boil.
Return the pork chops to the skillet and reduce the heat to low.  I kept adding water so the tomatoes wouldn't burn.
Cover and cook until the chops are cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with the cheese.


Stay hungry my friend!